FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - InterContinental Maldives Maamunagau Resort Master Thread
Old Aug 7, 2020, 6:10 pm
spellbound2

Originally Posted by Vanessa2020
Hi all,

My family was lucky to have a great time at this resort back in March 2020. Beautiful island resort. Service was top-notch. Breakfast/afternoon tea were excellent with variety of foods and tropical fruits.

In the past, I loved flying to Maldives on Emirates A380 First Class with showers in flight. Now, with the increased number of miles/points for Emirates First Class, I think Qatar Qsuites easily became my favorite business class for long haul flights, especially for a family of 4.

I booked air tickets from USA to Maldives about 2-3 months before departure date, and made speculative booking for 8 nights at InterContinental Maldives. Then I continued to monitor other countries on how they handle Covid-19 to make final decision for our trip's stopover destination. About 2 days before departure, my trip was finalized: 5 nights in Maldives and 3 nights in Singapore.

This was the 3rd time my family have been to Maldives and Singapore in the past 5 years, so no need to research where to stay/what to do, and the remaining bookings were made fast.

Thanks to "All Club" benefits for all guests staying at the resort, our final bill at checkout was very minimal (under $300 for family of 4 for the entire stay).

I have both Chase IHG Select and Premier, so I was trying to stay for 8 nights at first, but then had to reduce to 5 nights.

1 night = 100,000 points
4 nights = 300,000 points (4th night free, from Chase IHG Premier)
after stay: - 30,000 points (10% rebate, from Chase IHG Select)
------------------------------------------------------
Total for 4 nights = 270,000 points --> 67,500 points per night.

I was only a Spire Elite during my stay, so no big upgrade other than to Lagoon Villa (which they would upgrade you anyway since it's good for families with kids). Standard room is Overwater Villa, which is small and good for 2 guests. My family did a downgrade the last 2 nights just to have true overwater experience.

Room Tour of Lagoon Villa:
youtu.be/JdsZFEtvKAo

Dining Experience:
youtu.be/6o5yqmIxfH4

Kids Club:
youtu.be/kgPT-A1Qn40
Beautiful videos! How did you enjoy this atoll and property compared to the others you've visited? Did they have any nightly shows or daily activities, such as arts and crafts included? We noticed they have bikes which is a plus! Do you know if they have boat transfers between the Raa and Baa atoll? Any pluses or minuses you can think of versus other properties would be appreciated. Thank you!