FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Nexus Renewal Information and Processing Timelines
Old Aug 7, 2020, 3:20 pm
be_rettSEA

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by be_rettSEA
Anyone have any insight as to what seems to trigger a conditional approval vs a full approval (without interview) for NEXUS renewals? I just submitted my renewal application, and will wait and see which approval I'm given, but am hoping to avoid an interview if possible. When I applied initially, I lived in Seattle and it was pretty easy to get an appointment at Boeing Field. Now it looks like Blaine is the only WA-based enrollment center, and I'm based in Los Angeles, so would need to travel regardless, but SEA would be easier than heading up further North or taking a trip elsewhere in CA (when COVID restrictions ease) to complete my renewal interview. Thanks in advance for any insights!
Well, guess I have my answer.. About 25 hrs later, I'm now conditionally approved. Shocked how quickly they processed it to the conditional approval stage, honestly.
Finding an appointment to complete the renewal will be another story.. The (somewhat more) convenient locations all show no future appointment availability. And as I mentioned above, it seems like they've scaled back the number of enrollment locations. Hopefully those start to open back up in the next year or so...