FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 100,000 Free flights to Healthcare Professionals - Ends 17th May 2020
Old Aug 7, 2020, 12:34 pm
good_boy_1234

Originally Posted by Basanez
I’ll probably be unable to fly my original routing due to covid restrictions. So today I called to change the booking to a destination that I’d be able to fly even through the covid pandemic. Had to speak with them 4 times until I actually got all the info.

First thing they see is that this is the promo for healthcare workers. In the past they never saw or mention anything. Then they looked at the 5,000 mile requirement. My new destination was ~5200 so it was no go. They can’t override it. The system does everything. I asked to change it to US-DOH, since I can get very cheap tickets from DOH-new destination. They’re not allowed to do that since you cannot enter Qatar unless you live there/are a citizen. I’d only be able to do that as part of a complete itinerary sold by them. Which I didn’t of course.

And most importantly. I have another family member with a code that hasn’t been used. So I asked for it so I could search availability. When I first called I was shocked that my available flights were really not available, I was being quoted almost a grand to change. I ended up talking quite a bit with this gentleman, and he explained that my itinerary had segments in O class and W class. He proceeded to give me the booking class segment by segment. And then explained me that free change only applies if I’m able to find availability on the same class for each segment. So yeah ... not complaining since tickets were “free”, but might do a charge back for the small portion of taxes if I can’t use them. I guess I still have to thank QR for even offering this.
are you sure? Healthcare promo used to allow free change to destination and dates free...I was even able to do it online. So don’t know what glitch was it or is happening now