Old Aug 3, 20, 2:51 pm
Flying for Fun

Programs: AS MVPG75K, UA PP, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by nomiiiii View Post
In practice, will Alaska be kind enough to put us on the next morning's flight? If not, I will use the current flexible cancellations to book a backup flight for the next day.
You can cancel your itinerary up until flight time. Some have also reported successfully cancelling online soon after departure. What date are you flying? It looks like AS has 14 flights on Sat Aug 15th, the last departure 11:55 pm. The first depatrture the next day is 20 minutes later at 12:15 am, the first of 8 flights by 10:00 am.

If 7:00 pm is the last flight of the day on the date you are flying, I would purchase a back-up flight for 12:15 am the next day. Just be sure to cancel your evening flight before departure. Keep in mind that the next morning flight, if cancelled by you, will be a wallet credit, not a refund to original form of payment. If you are using wallet funds then there is no worry.

If you have AS status, AS may accommodate you on a "short" SDC into the next morning but I wouldn't expect it or anticipate they would be willing to do so on a 5+ hour layover.

James