FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Kenya travel for US Citizens
View Single Post
Old Aug 3, 2020, 5:13 am
garykung
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by Voldoo
Just out of curiousity; would those here be more supportive of the OP of they went to another approved state for a full 14 days (or agreed to a 14-day quarentine in Kenya)?
Although I have no right to represent others, based on the posts here so far, I am pretty much sure the answer is NO. FT or not, many have been separating from their families and friends because limiting social gathering, as well as essential travel only can reduce the risk of spreading. IMHO - everyone's safety is more important than everything. So I don't see why a trip for 10th Anniversary has to be continued.

Beside - a quarantine only prevents the virus from spreading. It does not prevent the person subject to quarantine from getting it.

FWIW - I take the same approach to everyone in FT - essential travel only. So it is not a bias against OP or not. For example, if you ask me if you should go to LAS for some gambling, I will say you are out of your mind.