FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Big UPGRADE Thread – all you need to know about AY upgrades
Old Aug 1, 2020, 1:23 am
Ed Size

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Originally Posted by kauppias
so I had a stupid moment and a lapse of truth so I am now waitlisted on a shorthaul Y ticket 😂 what amazes me is there is J9 but not J upg...

so I will see how fast this flight clears into J. or am I being too optimistic 😂 one week out
It depends on the booking situation of the whole flight. I had a flight which was J9 one week before the flight, at the day of CI it was oversold, my upgrade did not clear instead they asking for volunteers for rebooking. Finaly I ended up in Y and saw that they upgraded families with kids to J to use more seats - because they only use one seat per row in J at the moment, but they could seat the kids right next to parents.

Maybe I m not right with my guessing, but seeing three families with 5 kids in J is not common on a european flight from HEL to TXL.

Now I m in the situation that I want to book a flight to HEL in the next few months - but absolute no availibility for upgrade - only for the next couple of days - so no planing for Winter possible.