FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA "TravelBank" Q&A {Archive}
View Single Post
Old Jul 30, 2020, 7:39 pm
emcampbe
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
The Travel Bank never when away. The $5 bonus per reservation from the United.com Club program and the Gift Registry method for submitting funds have gone away.
The Travel Bank credit card 1.5% credit still works and looks like there is now a new program for depositing funds
correct.

I’ve had this card since a few months after it was introduced, and always get the 1.5% TB cash deposited. The card is way less valuable than it once was - up until last year, or whenever it was that they did that devaluation from PQD to PQP, I used it to hit PQD waiver for my purchases that didn’t get bonuses on my MP select (or for the discount on in-flight purchases). Now that spend doesn’t even work to reduce PQP on that card, I rarely use it any more, much better to use Freedom Unlimited or other cards with bonus categories on those.

I didn’t get an invite yet to add funds with a bonus - but probably wouldn’t use that option right now - I’ll wait until I actually can envision wanting to travel for fun again. But love the TB for its flexibility - it has its issues, but one benefit, unlike with ETCs, is that you can choose the amount you want to use - for me, that means I can choose to use a few dollars less than the total trip cost, and then put the rest on my CSR, which give me the trip protection benefits of the card.