FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GGL/CCR July/Aug/Sept Renewals - I need your help
Old Jul 30, 2020, 1:02 pm
BarelyBAGold

Programs: BA Exec Club, Accor Diamond, other airline programmes very basic
Originally Posted by Mixbury
Although I am in this group, I would suggest you leave this sort of proposed action a few months. The previous extensions have only recently been announced, and although it is difficult to see any level of normality returning in 2020, technically, as of now, reduced thresholds are in place as relief. I think your argument gains weight as the months roll by, and this view is supported by the response you received when you raised it at Waterside.

Also, I don't think this problem will limited to the three months you mention, and I don't understand why you suggest this is limited to GGL members? A July 2020 renewal, who had retained Gold by March of this year is in the same boat, no?
I had to gain my 1500 points by 8 September to ordinarily renew my Gold however these last few years I have earned about 3000-3500 annually and since February have been sitting with 1700 + and as such would have easily renewed prior to the now reduced threshold for the current year. To be honest though I don't feel that I'm losing out in any way- I just haven't gained as others have gained but that's absolutely fine.