FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can Americans Transit / Connect Through Europe Right Now?
Old Jul 30, 2020, 10:22 am
natekap

Originally Posted by MichaelA380
What you are describing cannot be correct - can you provide the itinerary (route and airlines or flight numbers)? To the best of my knowledge, there are no direct flights from LIS to UA and therefore this was no (out-of-Schengen) transit, so in my view your friend was correctly denied boarding.
You're correct. Today he told me his second flight was on Wizz Air. He said it was a "single ticket" because he booked it all in one step through Kiwi.com...

However he maintains that's not why he was denied and that they were aware of this. They just wouldn't let him board because he didn't have the 72-hour corona test results...I told him he should really just rebook the whole thing on 1 proper ticket through Istanbul because trying the same thing again, even with a negative corona test in the last 72 hours, still seems like he could be denied transit since he would have to go through customs (good luck with his American passport) and then re-check in...