FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can Americans Transit / Connect Through Europe Right Now?
Old Jul 28, 2020, 9:54 am
hdogan

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sfosin
I'm on two separate tickets (SFO => FRA; ticketed by LH but operated by UA) and (FRA => IST; ticketed and operated by LH), both round-trip. Does anybody know whether FRA allows transfer on separate tickets for US citizens today? I also asked in the giant "Which countries are open for US tourists" thread, and it seemed like the consensus was that it's risky.

Thanks!
So... you asked in the relevant thread, got the consensus response that it's risky, and now are... trying to solicit other responses until you get some that are what you want to hear?

It's risky. I wouldn't do it. Not so much about FRA, but you very likely will not be allowed to board your SFO-FRA leg. And that assumes that you don't have check-in baggage or they check your bags through all the way, which, considering the circumstances, they may or may not do.

Worst case, you can go to the airport at your departure date, take your chances, and be prepared to not fly.