FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Covid Test Required
View Single Post
Old Jul 28, 2020, 12:19 am
JayCee1966

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum
Originally Posted by tommy123
If you look on the Etihad home page , the only company you can get a test through is Pure Health . An ordinary NHS ( UK ) , certificate is not valid . The nearest clinic is over 100 miles from me , and there is no mention of cost .....I can fully understand why Etihad and Emirates have put this condition in place , but I don't think they realise the problems travellers are going to have getting a test ..... Hopefully as countries open , there will be a facility at most airports worldwide , where a simple test could be performed , before you fly
I did a dummy booking on the PureHealth site (https://screening.purehealth.ae/application) and cost is AED542. They are directly connected to ICA and are aware of Etihad timescales so will turn the tests around within 48 hours, Pure Health FAQs state this. They stipulate 96 hours max before flying.

There are test sites near MAN (Warrington/Liverpool) and LHR where EY fly from so you may have to travel and stay near the airport to ensure you get to fly! Not ideal.