FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ? on cancelled flight and refund
View Single Post
Old Jul 27, 2020, 1:06 pm
jsn55

Programs: No airline status whatsoever, Chase URs, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum
Here's what I think, not what I KNOW. Your original confirmation number should show 50K miles available for a new flight on VS' website. What did you pay in cash as a surcharge? How was that handled after the cancellation? When you're ready to rebook, you should be able to make a new res using your confirmation number. Not sure if you'd need to call Virgin or if instructions will be available online when you enter that confirmation number. I've just done this with United and with Delta, and it was very easy, did it all online. If you want to book a flight that requires more than 50K miles, you'd have to come up with the additional miles at that time. You might want to wait about a month, then ask Virgin to put those 50K miles back into your Flying Club account. Use a chat if it's available ... much easier to explain yourself and you have a record of your request and their response. If you encounter a chat agent who doesn't get it, politely end the conversation and try again in a few days. Personally, I have no problem with future credits, but the solvency of the travel provider is always a concern, and will be a concern for several years I think.