FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can Americans Transit / Connect Through Europe Right Now?
Old Jul 27, 2020, 11:54 am
nerdbirdsjc

Programs: Southwest, Alaska, United, American Airlines
Originally Posted by natekap
Does anyone else have any clever ideas how to get into Europe as an American this summer?

For example, the possibilities look like: Denmark, Croatia, Serbia or the UK.

Denmark - They're allowing in people who are there to "reunite with their lovers" or for "important" business meetings. How easy is it to get let in under those pretexts? Could you then get out to other countries by air or land?

Croatia - Allowing Americans. Could you then get out to Slovenia without and into the rest of the EU?

Serbia - Allowing Americans for now even though they have their own covid problems. Possible to then get to Hungary?

UK - If you did the 2 week quarantine could you then fly out to one of the countries they're allowing air travel between? I assume not since you usually have to go through border patrol when coming from the UK, if I remember correctly.

Wondering if anyone else is as determine to get into the EU this summer as I am, for one reason or another....
Clever is not at all the name of the game for this summer. Realistically you can go to Serbia or Croatia in Europe, and that's it. Keep the trip on a single ticket, ensure you can access the USA testing sites that can get COVID-19 PCR test results back to you in the required pre-departure timeframe, and opt for non-prepayment travel options (e.g., hotel billed during the stay, etc.) as much as possible.