FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Should Delta Introduce a Diamond Lifetime Tier?
Old Jul 23, 2020, 9:30 pm
garykung
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by lsquare
Maybe it's wishful thinking, but I've always wondered why DL won't offer a LTD tier while UA offer a LT top-tier status.
DL's "annual complimentary" status is practically a lifetime status for now. I believe the decision not to offer LT top-tier or similar is to limit the size of the club.

Originally Posted by rylan
Well, remember that DL has no 'lifetime' status... they call it annual complimentary silver/gold/plat at 1M/2M/4M.

If they ever did something for a DM level, I think it would be at 6M or 8M based on the above progression. Not sure if there are any 8M milers... but even 6M would be a very small select group.
Seriously, if this is what DL would offer, I would rather fly UA for 4MM to have GS instead (Note - GS is equivalent to Delta 360 but better).

Originally Posted by flyerCO
UA makes it harder to earn LT anything. They dont count all the bonuses (class of service, etc) that DL does.
That's why UA LT status starts at Gold level, which is equivalent to AA PLT and DL GM.