FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA Announces Q2 2020 Financial Results 21 July / Conference Call 22 July
Old Jul 22, 2020, 10:00 am
PsiFighter37

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Other takeaways I see from the summary posted on BBG:

-UA will not take any Boeing deliveries in 2022 (any idea if they are taking any more this year and in 2021?)
-management seems bullish on business travel coming back, but until then, they do not think they get beyond 50% of pre-COVID flying until there is a vaccine, which it sounds like they are not anticipating being widely available until late 2021
-they are going to expand wearing of masks beyond just on the plane to the terminals as well
-UA has about $9bn worth of assets they could borrow against if needed
-increases in capacity will be titled towards leisure / visiting family/relatives destinations (not sure how the latter is identified). Personally, if I were UA, given the better state of the Northeast, I would look into exploring unorthodox routes if they are profitable - boost routes from EWR to elsewhere in the Northeast until early/middle fall, maybe even look at flying some increased routes out of smaller airports (e.g. HPN), and maybe even do some ex-BOS flying if it makes sense. Rental car prices are really high ATM (especially ex-NYC), so if UA could make money selling cheaper routes, maybe it makes sense?