FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Covid19: Swiss refunds after cancellation
Old Jul 21, 2020, 2:47 pm
capedreamer

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by Dave_C
So I've got what I think is an interesting email back from Swiss Customer Relations.

In short, had flights with them which were cancelled. Started off the charge-back route, which got denied due to the standard immigration bulls*t they've been spouting to everyone.

I wrote them a "Letter before Action" enclosing their CoC and 261/2004, giving them seven days to pay or I'll take out action in the English Small Claims Court. That did the trick with an apologetic email from customer relations and the money now back on the Amex. I pressed them on why they declined the chargeback when they did acknowledge in writing that I was fully entitled to the refund.

They came back with the following:

I find this fascinating - they're simply disputing all chargebacks regardless. If I were Amex (or indeed MC/Visa), surely I'd be interested in a merchant blatantly abusing the process to their own ends?
Wow good for you and congratulations on getting your money back.

It's sad and disappointing that this is what it takes for Swiss to act in a good faith manner at this point.

Personally still waiting for the refund of my cancelled CDG-ZRH-GRU-EZE flight from April.