FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Billpay at Walmart (2018 onwards)
View Single Post
Old Jul 19, 2020, 9:45 am
danpeake

Originally Posted by dethkultur
So I was overcharged during a billpay last week. How should I handle it?

I buy Staples VISAs by mail regularly, month in and month out, and billpay the card back. No problems there. In the last batch of 6 cards, 2 of the card had the same last 4. Never happened before, and though the activation was a little wonky (since I couldn't tell which act. code was with which card) I got them activated. No big deal.

When I did the bill pay w/4 cards I swiped one of these dupe cards and it came back with the "unauthorized" or "use other form of payment" message. Then a card later (same payment) I used the other card with the same 4 and it went through. So, I used 1 of the dupe cards along with 3 other cards. Successful Billpay.

However, now BOTH dupe cards are showing zero balance, and drained at that walmart during that transaction. On the receipt it just shows one with those last 4.

Another way of looking at it is I swiped 5 cards, one with rejection, and all 5 were drained. So it might not have anything to do with 2 cards with the same last 4, but it's complicated since the receipt only shows the last 4 of the card used.

What is the best way to handle this? Should I file a dispute with GiftCardMall? Or should I try to sort this out at Walmart, showing all my gift cards in the process? Or just wait it out? (It has been a week and still shows zero balance on the rejected card. )
Did the cards with the same last four have the same 16 digit card number? If so, you gotta work that out with GCM.