FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated Delta Schedule Change Discussion Thread
Old Jul 18, 2020, 1:57 pm
Daitheflu84

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Adam1222
Such an eye roll that you have to comment on it three weeks later?
To the contrary, I find that a lot of people on this forums' complaints about reductions in service demonstrate a lack of compassion. One could certainly make a comment about the impacts of flight schedule changes while recognizing that travel is not essential now and that the spread of the pandemic may be worsened by air travel, reopening Skyclubs and having more Delta employees working/exposed to the virus, etc. The commenter I was responding to has not demonstrated any such compassion. He literally responded to a comment about the potential worsening pandemic by complaining about "Delta's crap schedule," which he previously had said was insufficient because it didn't serve his desires, regardless of the pandemic. A tone deaf comment merited the response, regardless of whether one could have made a compassionate comment while reflecting frustration.
There is a difference between being frustrated by the situation, and in attacking Delta and others for choices to responsibly reduce service during a pandemic. People who refuse to recognize the collective responsibility in reducing a pandemic and elevate it over their own "frustrations" are why America is dying. I'm sorry that it makes you roll your eyes that I'm not nice enough about people's complaints that there are only 7 flights a day to Orlando.
A. This is the first time I've been to the forum in a few weeks. Not sure how the timing is in any way relevant to my comment.

B. You can express frustration about traveling on a travel forum without being a jerk. The post in question simply said that Delta's schedule in June was a hassle. I dont find that offensive, but if you do then good for you.

C. Given the overwhelming nature of the Covid 19 pandemic and the fact that millions of people are out of work, sick or worse, its not the worst thing in the world to have a place where people can discuss their hobbies or things that bring people together with a common interest.