FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - COVID-19 and BA: Using Heathrow T5
View Single Post
Old Jul 17, 2020, 3:31 am
speedbird85

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold
Originally Posted by simonsmith
A similar story returning from Bologna today at 1310. It took 48 minutes in the EU/ UK queue to get to border control .
It was badly organised and a complete embarrassment in its failure to provide a safe and efficient service . People were getting hot and bothered and there was some shouting and ineffectual crowd management by border control.

What concerned me was that the system does not comply with government guidelines in respect of social distancing , it is impossible as you are constantly passing people well within 1 meter on either side . Through out my entire trip this was probably the riskiest bit of the journey . I had a delightful border agent who agreed and said she was terrified as they are not allowed to wear masks .
Again a very similar story. Arrived at 1220 yesterday, no e-gates open and took 50 minutes to get to a desk.
There was a HAL employee loudly asking if people had filled the locator form in, but no checking before letting them join the queue.
It seemed that many people had either not filled the form in when they’d got to the desk or they’d not downloaded the PDF from the email. It was taking ages for the border agents to check their phones especially families.