FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Favorite Toiletries
View Single Post
Old Sep 28, 2004, 8:44 am
cadogan

Originally Posted by brendamc
At the rates for those hotels, you should be able to!
..very true - but at least with decent toiletries you can justify in your mind those enormous rates a bit (I remeber staying at the Burj al arab a couple of years ago and being very pleased when the GM told me the value of the Hermes in the rooms there was over £500 - and that guests were welcome to take the whole lot home with them...although they weren't scents that I particuarly like, my parents did, and it certainly took the sting out of the bill a bit at the end. I am always cross when I pay to stay at really expensive places and they have rubbish toiletries that necessitiate you either hauling your own all over the world or even worse going out to a shop to buy something which actually works!! (and i include in this category any hotel that doesn't include hair conditioner and body lotion, as well as separate body wash and shampoo - i can't stand that combined stuff which leaves your hair a tangled mess and doesn't really do either job very well!). I have over the years stayed in some great hotels with terrible freebie toiletries and it really makes a difference to how pleased I am with the room (maybe odd but there you go!)!