FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can Americans Transit / Connect Through Europe Right Now?
Old Jul 14, 2020, 3:39 pm
andrewesque

Originally Posted by natekap
Croatia - Allowing Americans. Could you then get out to Slovenia without and into the rest of the EU?

Serbia - Allowing Americans for now even though they have their own covid problems. Possible to then get to Hungary?

UK - If you did the 2 week quarantine could you then fly out to one of the countries they're allowing air travel between? I assume not since you usually have to go through border patrol when coming from the UK, if I remember correctl.
Neither Croatia nor Serbia are in the Schengen area, so there are full border checks between either of these states and the Schengen area, so there's no using them as a backdoor into the Schengen states. They are functionally similar to the United Kingdom in this respect.

(If you subsequently attempt to cross a Schengen border after some time in Croatia or Serbia, whether you'll be admitted is another question, which I'm not going to answer if for the sole reason that the regulations keep changing and sometimes seem to be contradictory.)