FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Current Hyatt Promotions (announcements only)
Old Jul 14, 2020, 11:57 am
Matt4200

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by lsquare
It's very interesting that you're asking this now as I was going to create a post on this topic.

I was searching around for properties that I am interested in visiting. Like you, I wanted to know what the details of breakfast is. I hate nasty surprises.

The Hyatt Regency Vancouver's breakfast rate doesn't include what I deem to be a normal breakfast. At this point in time, the breakfast will be a credit to get something at Starbucks in the hotel. When I pressed for details, the rep said he doesn't have the final details, but most likely it'll be a breakfast sandwich and coffee. It's not my idea of a hotel breakfast. The hotel restaurant and lounge are still closed. HR Vancouver claims that since the shut down is due to "government regulations", there won't be any compensation including points. I feel bad for any Globalists thinking of staying at this hotel. Please send them an email and let them know how you feel! I already gave them my opinion over the phone.
Booking a Breakfast Rate should most definitely include a good Breakfast. I wouldn’t consider Starbucks to be a Breakfast, especially at a HR.

I wonder how you’d even get the credit for Starbucks would they say here’s a $10 Starbucks Gift Card? Then if it’s a Family of 3, $30?

It just doesn’t make much sense to do that even.

It’s a sad state of affairs, just have to make the best of it. It’s good we have this forum to share experiences. That way people know about the gems still offering full breakfasts, properties not offering them, and those going above and beyond doing in room dining.

I have a few stays coming up, both rates booked include a Breakfast (also have Globalist status, but I figure a rate inclusive of breakfast shouldn’t exist without Breakfast), but both hotel’s Hyatt pages state restaurant closed.