FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - COVID Era UA inflight service changes {Archive}
Old Jul 13, 2020, 2:25 pm
cesco.g
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nkwal
Update on my flight back: Flew last night in Polaris IAD-FRA. Flight was about 70% full. NO CHAMPS on board!! Very sad. FA said its not on the list to come back. So strange as I flew at beginning of shutdown FRA-IAD and they gave bottled champs to me. Start of service was drink only, no nipnips sadly. Dinner was salad, beef entree, cold roll, packaged cookie, BUT different than last time.....cold mixed nuts. I guess they weren't allowed to be warmed up. Same snacks available during flight. Breakfast was some italian sausage frittata travesty. Was awful. I am thinking about calling 1K line with complaints. Fairly overpriced product imo (at this moment, normally I love Polaris). Like I couldn't even get some chobani yogurt??

Side note: flew domestic IAD-IND roundtrip. On way out was just water, but FA gave me a beer without asking. On way back, they gave snack bags with water. I had to ask for the beer.

Biggest thing I notice: product is not the same on same routes. I would appreciate some consistency. But loving the Dreamliner - best part of the pandemic is the older planes aren't being used as often it seems.

United Club at IAD, gate C6 was PACKED. D club is still closed.
for your feedback, nkwal!

Lack of champagne and coach mini bottles show the absolute cheap approach UA takes to wine offerings!

On my last flight nuts came prepacked in small disposable plastic container, which might not be suitable to heat in a galley oven.
Packed UC > so much for social distancing...maybe time to open up the other clubs during peak hours.