FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Stuck in Dubai airport airside....for a friend...
Old Jul 13, 2020, 11:17 am
maisondubonheur

Programs: Thai, Cathay, Lufthansa, Delta, SPG, Hilton, IH, LHW
Stuck in Dubai airport airside....for a friend...

Hope one of you can give a useful advise. Not for me, but for a friend who had a bad surprised. Saturday night, flight from Seychelles to Hong Kong via Dubai. Air Seychelles is operating the flight on behalf of EK. Friend (Hong Kong national) is let on the flight to Dubai...just to find out in Dubai that his flight to HKG has been cancelled. I guess this is due to the current crew policy changes from HK side. Sadly, he won't bet let back in Seychelles as he is not a national.

He is told that he cannot leave the airport. Also, on Sunday morning, told him next flight is on Tuesday morning. This morning was told, sorry, no flight on Tuesday. On EK site, next flight is only on Sunday, and he is stuck in transit...Emirates doesn't seem to help much.

I may myself be a frequent traveler, Gold with EK, I'm not sure what is the best advise right now. Camp into Dubai airport till Sunday...if that flight even happen! Thanks for the ideas!