FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Unable to reach Delta Reservations
View Single Post
Old Jul 6, 2020, 9:12 am
flyerCO
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Jack_Tauson_Sr
Whenever I call them, I hear that they cannot take my call.

I booked an international ticket on March 30th,2020 for December 2020. When I checked with the customer care department ( not from the reservation department), they were asking me to contact the reservation department, which is impossible. And they couldn't explain to me properly. Few things I understood that agent told me were:

1) I can change my flight free of cost since I booked my ticket between March - June 2020.

2) If I cancel my ticket, I will only have 3 months more from December(until March 2021) to book my other ticker, or else my money will be forfeited. The agent told me that if this COVID thing wasn't there, I would have until 2022 to use my unused credit for the tickets.

When I booked my ticket, there wasn't anything like that as I mentioned in Point #1 above. Looks like they implemented this rule sometime after March 2020.

Has anyone been able to contact the reservations office lately?
What are you trying to do? If it's change the ticket, this can be done online. If you want to cancel this can also be done online. DL has extended validty of tickets. It can be rebooked until Sept 2022.