FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - On Board Service Changes - Corona
View Single Post
Old Jul 6, 2020, 3:09 am
Alefly78

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum / Accor Gold
Just a quick review of onboard & airport service at CDG and MPL this weekend.

03 July CDG-MPL :
- Arrived at airport at 7pm, Access N°1 (Sky Priority) check-in zone was open but not the security just beside. Had to walk to the normal security zone. No queue anyway.
- Both 2F1 and 2F2 lounges were closed (they close at 6pm), my flight was at 9pm... Ended up paying 30 euros for 2 sandwich and 2 beers. I was aware of that, so in the morning I asked AF on Twitter for a voucher. They refused and said they adapt their service for my securiy. Hmmm ok...!
- Boarding was by zone as usual, starting by Zone 1 & 2. Seems the boarding by the last rows are gone.
- As a Platinum, no special welcome or something else.
- I think I was the only Platinum on board (at least, in the first 5 rows, if I refer to all paxs cards on suitcase). We have 3 seats for both my wife and I, with the middle seat empty. But at the end of the boarding, a flight attendant who was not working on this flight but just returning home, goes to me and said "I'll seat here". I said "We are together" pointing on my wife. She said "ok no problem, just go to the middle seat". I said "I don't want, can you go to the middle seat on other rows ?" (there was litterally 3 middle seat empty in rows next and behind to me, so I don't know why she went to me and not to other people). She turned back and put her thumbs up without saying a word. "GP" to the next level here.....
- Service was limited to orange juice, apple juice, tomato juice and water (no sparkling water).
- Arrived on time

05 July MPL-CDG :
- Goes directly through security, no queue.
- Lounge was closed (it was 9am), ended up paying, again, for having breakfast.
- Boarding in first, want to scan my BP which was on my phone, but I involontary locked my phone. Agent tell me "it's the QR code you have to scan !" I was like "really...?", she took my phone off my hands, and she dropped it to the ground. She just said sorry and not even trying to pick it up. Fortunately, no damage, but c'mon...
- A really warm welcome from staff, I was nicely welcomed with a bag with my name handwritten on it (it was a vomit bag but the intention is there ^^), with 2 "sucré + salé" packages in it. Those little things are pleasant!
- A GP took place in the last row of business class, while upgrade was proposed to me for the modest price of 199€. A little bit expensive for a biscuit
- Service was limited to juices, water and coffee. Ended up sleeping all the flight so nothing to report.
- Arrived on time with unboarding by rows (row 1 to 5 first, then 6 to 10, and probably the same thing for the reste of the plane).

TL;DR : Except the warm welcome and the little gift from the flight attendant on the return flight, I think this is not the way to get people flying again.