FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - “Safest” Club Europe seats
View Single Post
Old Jul 6, 2020, 1:10 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
They are very much discouraging people waiting around any part of either cabin, so that's not the issue. There is an announcement asking people to stay in their seats and only go to the WC if the green lights is illuminated. Personally I'd say you are either ok with the low risk of flying, or you stay at home. Trying the micro-manage the tiny risk factors between different rows of seating would suggest the "stay at home" approach not least because they will be vastly out ranked by Sardinia's road safefy record. But if you are trying to maximise physical distancing, there is still a tendency to select seats at the front of the cabin, so on that point you would best select seats say 2 rows from the back of CE to give yourself the best chance of no-one in front or behind. I guess you would be best to select 2 window seats to maximise the distance from the aisle too, so if that's going to be compromised then I'd stop worrying and reach for the hand sanitiser.