FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - State of Hawaii "Safe Travels" Program 5-Day Quarantine (Ends March 25, 2022)
Old Jul 3, 2020, 10:20 am
inlanikai

Programs: AA PLT, AAdv since Day One
Originally Posted by Weatherboy
I wouldn't be surprised if the quarantine waiver was delayed beyond August 1 or canceled outright due to the growing cases on the mainland. Some of the Hawaii mayors are asking Ige to reconsider the date.

I would hate to book a trip to Hawaii with so much uncertainty abound.
I'm with denver19 for his and for a different reason. People are booking flights now and the hotels (and other businesses) are gearing up for the relative onslaught of tourists. If Ige goes back to requiring a quarantine a lot of powerful people here will go ballistic.

Having said that, I can see a potential problem where someone books a flight and hotel but can't get the test performed within the 72-hour window prior to departure and then tries to get their airfare refunded or a credit without a change fee. I read somewhere shortages are starting to develop with the testing materials, like swabs. If they start to prioritize who gets a test I am sure your vacation to Hawaii is going to be low on the list.