FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Crowd source: let's create the best AA seating plans out there
Old Jul 2, 2020, 2:07 pm
JDiver
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Prospero has way more than “some graphic design experience”, and I’ll leave it at that. He’s the designer of the dashboard icons / widgets used in several fora (we have a Covid-related dashboard sticky thread here), and IMO we’re very fortunate he’s so generous with his considerable skills. (We began with an ambitious dashboard goal here, but I was the one working with those here - cataracts slowed that effort down, and when those were removed, I found out I had irreparable macular pucker / surface wrinkling retinopathy that can’t be aided by surgery or glasses and interfere with my near vision, so my effort had to be scaled back.)

SeatGuru was purchased by Trip Advisor some time ago, and personally I think they never developed clear goals relating to maximizing and monetizing SeatGuru, which is riven with errors and in particular outdated information. SeatExpert seemed as if it would be the go-to place for this kind of information, but after it was sold, it became apparent that wouldn’t happen.

I’m happy to use my moderation efforts to aid this effort any way I can. I’m excited by the opportunity to have the best graphic LOPA representations to inform our members right here on FlyerTalk! Thank you, merci, terima kasih, vinaka, danke and more, Prospero.