FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - State of Hawaii "Safe Travels" Program 5-Day Quarantine (Ends March 25, 2022)
Old Jul 1, 2020, 4:51 pm
747FC

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
From Aug 1 - per the statement from the Governor's office for out of state travellers coming to Hawaii:

Out-of-state travelers arriving in Hawai‘i must get a PCR test prior to arrival from any testing location approved by the Hawai‘i State Department of Health. Evidence of a negative test result must be provided upon arrival in Hawai‘i. Without this, passengers arriving from out-of-state will be subject to the 14-day quarantine. No testing will be provided upon arrival at the airport.

The Health Department is still in the process of developing this program but anticipates requiring an FDA-approved PCR test from a CLIA certified laboratory. Travelers will be required to provide printed or emailed pre-test certification as evidence of a negative test result. Travelers will be responsible for the cost of the pre-travel test.

Question:

The last sentence implies the the covid 19 PCR test can only be done in American labs. This implies that out of country (such as my case, Canada) would still have to quarantine/self-isolate for 14 days - as our negative covid 19 tests would not be considered valid as the CLIA certfied labs just refer to those labs in USA?
Looks like Canadians can't travel to the US unless it is essential travel: https://www.dhs.gov/news/2020/06/16/...ad-coronavirus