FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - {prem fare gone}: AF/KL/DL/VS: BUD-US from $750 R/T
Old Jul 1, 2020, 8:04 am
etiene

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
Originally Posted by Dirk.On.Tour
Thats indeed what he wrote. HalconBCN was saying he should had phoned Delta, but all is handled by KLM in AMS.
Travel-Quinten already had phoned Delta, that's how he got the note. Whether they talked to DL or KL employees is immaterial since [as you mention] they act for one another in the joint venture. I don't think it was unreasonable to try to address the issue in person at the Schiphol ticket desk.

That indeed can be the consequent if you don't act, as I already mentioned, in a descent way.
I do maintain that the agent was improper to lock the reservation and suggest that a refund should be sought. Since we have no suggestion that this popup is visible to the customer, they could well arrive at the airport without resolution - no agent should be leaving a reservation in that condition. That is why it strikes me as frustration on the part of the agent. It also seems unlikely to have been escalated to the level of someone with authority to declare it an error fare precisely because it was left uncancelled - hence my assumption of a "power trip". However, I made no assumptions [positive or negative] regarding the phone manner of the poster which lead to the note being added.

My post had nothing to do with this.
Didn't say it did - that was a response to Travel-Quinten's assumption upthread that this was now universal.