FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced
Old Jul 1, 2020, 4:25 am
The_Editor

Programs: BA Gold
Hello all!

I have a question regarding leniency for trips booked towards the end of a collection year, and then cancelled by BA. I'm currently Silver, 195 TP from Gold, with a TP collection year end of 8th Sept.

I have a BA holidays booking for a CW return trip in the first week of Sept, returning 7th Sept - I've already had two holidays cancelled for that week, so am hoping it will be third time lucky!

This trip will easily earn me the 195 TP I need to attain Gold - but I'm concerned that it will be cancelled at short notice, leaving me little time to get the requisite points. What would happen in this scenario? Would I just have to find some other way of getting the 195 TPs in that final week of my collection year? Is the two-week extension still being granted despite the reduced requirements?

Or is there any leniency and hope of being able to claim the TPs even though the flight is cancelled?

Or would the advice be to do a TP run or two and get the 195 TP in the bag in July/Aug?

Many thanks in advance for any advice!