FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best Seats, Amenities, & Experiences on Delta's A350
Old Jun 30, 2020, 7:42 am
bgriff

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by ChamplinAl
NO, I DON'T THINK SO......DL has parked their aircraft in multiple places other than MSP. Try again!
Not the best way to encourage engagement with your questions.

It's possible Delta is doing maintenance on the aircraft in MSP, but since MSP isn't a major A359 station for Delta (at least not yet) I would be surprised if that's where they did maintenance on them (a C check would require lots of aircraft-specific parts to be in stock which Delta almost certainly doesn't keep at every hub; DTW and ATL would be more likely to have the relevant inventory). In the past Delta had some heavy maintenance checks on long-haul aircraft done in low-cost locations overseas, notably MNL, but I don't know if they're continuing that practice with the A350.

As for getting 4 more A350s delivered this year, we don't know what contractual obligations Delta has with Airbus, but Delta has made it pretty clear they are trying to avoid taking (and paying for) any new aircraft deliveries in the near future. Given market conditions there is no reason to expect that the full 2019 long-haul flying schedule will return any time soon, and certainly not by January, so Delta will have plenty of A350s to go around.