FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Applying for Chase PERSONAL Cards (2020 - 2022)
Old Jun 29, 2020, 12:37 am
evergrn

Originally Posted by mia
If you explain to Chase that you are an Authorized User on that account, and not financially responsible for the payment, it can be deducted from your 24 month total of new accounts.
Originally Posted by gq_dq
Now to the "spring 2018" issue. Except that it's now Summer 2020. So once again... you need to check not your wife's but what YOUR Credit Report and/or YOUR Credit Karma profile shows as the "Date Opened" for that card. Is it Spring 2018 or Summer 2019?
My credit report has summer 2019 (not spring 2018) as the account open date for my wife's AMEx card for which I'm the authorized user.

I will call Chase Reconsideration again, see what they say. When I last spoke to them, the rep brought up that my Travelbank UA card was a new account and indicated that was the hold-up. That's in spite of the credit report not showing my original UA card and the Travelbank one separately. When I call them to discuss the authorized user situation for my wife's card, I really hope they will not tell me now that the UA card downgrade was in fact my 6th in 24mo.