FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Applying for Chase PERSONAL Cards (2020 - 2022)
Old Jun 28, 2020, 4:20 pm
gq_dq

Originally Posted by evergrn
There's no way I'm miscounting and I've never upgraded any card before either.
Why the unnecessary heartburn inducing speculation? Simply do this:

1) Go through each of your accounts on Credit Karma and look at the "Date Opened".
And/Or
2) Right now all 3 Agencies are offering free weekly reports. Again, go through the "Date Opened" for each one.

Need to be laser focused on the "Date Opened" field to make sure u r < 5/24 b4 u apply. Feel free to let us know what you find especially if unexpected - if the TravelBank card does NOT show as new, then that indeed is an irregularity. Although frankly you're not out much time if you just need to wait till Nov to try again. Except maybe a potential large spend between now and then.

Your experience is certainly a valuable data point. It appears TravelBank may be treated differently by Chase so is a warning to others. Like you, I have had many product changes whether voluntary or due to security issues, so I always check Credit Karma and double check my Credit Reports after the fact, whether it resulted in a new "Date Opened".