FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Atlanta Airport [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Jun 28, 2020, 1:22 pm
CMK10
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stay Report - 6/24 to 6/25

Location: The hotel is a little isolated of the ATL Hotels in that it's a bit farther from the airport than some options and you actually get on the freeway to get to it from ATL. Around the hotel is nothing in walking distance except the Marriott. That said the neighborhood is a lot safer and quieter than some other places near ATL.

Hotel: The hotel is an older high rise which is somewhat gray and imposing from the outside in a Brutalist sort of way. The lobby is very nice though thanks to a lot of natural light. Currently there is a small coffee shop which is open in the mornings, a small bar which serves food and is open right now until 11 PM. The restaurants are currently closed as is the pool though the gym is open. The shuttle currently runs every half hour.

Check In: I had called from the baggage claim at ATL to ask about the shuttle and I was told it would wait five minutes for me. I came outside in less than two and watched it drive away. When I tried to call back the phone rang endlessly without being answered. I had to wait a half hour. The agent when I arrived was apologetic at least. I was told Titanium benefits have been suspended so while I was upgraded to a Junior Suite, I was not given any breakfast benefit.

Room: The junior suite itself was of a nice size but needs repair. There are gouges in the walls and places with peeling paint. The living room and desk area are quite nice but the Wifi was unreliable. It dropped me over a dozen times in a three hour period when I was trying to work. The bathroom was also tiny. Furthermore, when I came back to my room the next morning I found a giant roach on the bed. That was unpleasant.

Dining: The staff at the bar are very friendly but overwhelmed. It took 20 minutes to get simple drink requests filled. The coffee shop is fine though having to pay $9 for a coffee and a bagel right now is unpleasant.

Service Recovery: I relayed all my issues at check out to a manager and she comped my stay. I really appreciated that as it was the right thing to do. That said, I am not coming back here. If I can't count on the Wifi, I can't work. And if they're taking shortcuts during COVID on cleanliness standards I don't trust the hotel.