FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Applying for Chase PERSONAL Cards (2020 - 2022)
Old Jun 27, 2020, 11:42 am
lexdevil

Programs: Lowly UA silver, Marriott Ambassador/Tit4Lyf, IHG Plat
Success

Originally Posted by macboss
Please update us after you call Chase.
This morning's call was pretty easy, though a bit slow. I contacted the folks at 877-260-0087, but was transferred to 888-609-7805. The first number was, apparently, international and my application was handled by the US application department. I do not know why I was given the first number last night, but I've included it because it is not listed in the wiki.

As an FYI, the phone hours I was told are 8:00 AM-8:00 PM Eastern time M-F and 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM Eastern on Saturdays.

The reason given for my denial was that I already had the maximum CL available that Chase would allow me. They were fine with transferring some of my available CL from other cards to open this new one.

I did ask what income to CL ratio they allow and was told that they do not have a simple formula and that the maximum CL available is the product of an algorithm that looks at a number of factors, not just income. Given the number of people reporting decreased CLs at the moment, my guess is that Chase has tightened this up recently, as a result of the recession/pandemic.

Last edited by lexdevil; Jun 27, 2020 at 11:47 am