FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Recall Staff from 26 Jun [the BA staff/unions/redundancies thread]
Old Jun 25, 2020, 2:23 am
Littlegirl

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
Originally Posted by Bs65
A fair summary and agree about the BA betrayal campaign nonsense which is doing nothing more than trashing the BA brand.

Instead of both parties sitting across the table as adults with no preconditions, the union especially seems happy to continue spreading sensational headlines through the press yet the longer this goes on the weaker any bargaining position may be and before know it the 12k lay offs could increase further.

It is virtually a given that BA will merge fleets as from an operational viewpoint with likely fewer routes it makes sense. It is unfortunate that the approach to force new T&C on everyone comes with a merge proposal and sympathise with those that may lose their job or take a salary hit , the company could have approached this differently but with no union interaction misinformation seems to be the rule, lead by the union.

Having said that my sympathy is sometimes tested when I see comments sometimes implied from WW/EUR which seem to begrudge their MF colleagues in the lower ranks getting even a possibility of extra salary (basic GBP 15.6k upto 17k plus not guaranteed duty/perdiem changes) for doing the same job. Add to that all the WW/EUR complaints about poetntial less down route benefits/layover time when compared to their MF colleagues. So much for one team getting the best for all.

If were me working for BA I would want this all resolved now as soon as possible, if going to fire me me then get on with it but get the impression from outside looking in that maybe BA management are struggling to reach a solution that protects the business but also doesnt put them in a corner should there be a sudden unlikely recovery.

Less anyone forgets cabin crew are only 4.7k of the proposed 12k redundancies yet nobody ever seems to talk about the majority.

Finally will not be following this thread given any negative views on the union approach seem to invite some pretty bitter responses
That is nonsense. WW and EF certainly do not begrudge M/F receiving an improvement, in fact we all would really love that to be the case.

As far as I am aware, it is M/F themselves that are unhappy with some aspects of the new pay proposal, particularly CSMs who have some concerns about their hourly flight pay being incorporated in their basic pay and the loss of some of the CSM incentive bonuses that high performers received.

Honestly, I don’t know who some of you are but guessing stuff and then regurgitating it as if it is fact is highly annoying to many of us who actually work for BA.