FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Covid-19 BA Rebooking/Cancellation/Refund HELP & ADVICE *No Speculation etc*
Old Jun 24, 2020, 11:30 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Dselvan
I have a BA holiday in September 2020 with flights and one night stay at a hotel. It is highly likely that BA will cancel the flight portion. I am aware that I should get a full refund.
However can I rebook for free it to early 2021 rather than get a refund? The flight and seats are available but are £1000 more expensive per person if I make a new booking and I don’t want to spend that!!!
Also that will be outside of the 12 months from booking date for the flights since I bought this on the sale end of 2019. Will this matter since this is not a flight only booking?
BA Holidays is on a different logic, you may be able to persuade them but I can't recall a case like this. I guess you could see if you have any options for late 2020 instead if they decline a 2021 rebook. Having said that, I wouldn't take 2021 fares as fixed yet, at some point BA needs to persuade us all to hop on to one of their flights, which is easiest done by reducing fares as a general point. It may also be that BAH can come up with an alternative holiday arrangement which would work on a FTV basis.