FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Recall Staff from 26 Jun [the BA staff/unions/redundancies thread]
Old Jun 24, 2020, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by Littlegirl
Why do you constantly just talk about cabin crew. There are thousands of legacy staff at BA and most are not cabin crew!
The problem with the English language is that I can't quite understand if the "you" here is "me" or "you all" in the Texan sense of the term. If it's "me", I'd like to point out that I try not to talk only about crews. I wrote about my former team, which is scheduled to be slashed from 80ish to less than 20 based on the 'consultation', and about CLC and FMU, which will effectively cease existing, on this very forum. I have to say that no one gave an absolute tosh about either of those. And I've written about Gatwick ground staff.

Having said that, there is merit in talking about legacy crews: one, because they're the most visible of those whose jobs are at risk (thousands of people went in the HQ, between IT and other roles, and more will go too, and barely an eyebrow rose on the press or elsewhere); and secondly because they're the largest cohort of employees at risk. I certainly bear no grudges against WW/EF crews: in my time at in the company I've had a few scrapes with some individuals but who doesn't? And it leaves 99.9% of the community who's made of great people.