FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UK airports - is anything open at all [at EDI]?
Old Jun 23, 2020, 2:27 pm
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
So what was open? My daughter is moving next Wednesday and flying from EDI to LHR then taking a car service to her new home in an area with no grocery stores or restaurants open. She would like to grab a sandwich or two at either EDI or LHR to tide her over to a shopping run on Thursday!
At EDI they have expanded the vending machines, there are now 3 of them, 2 soda based, the other water based.

At LHR there is landside a small Boots and W H Smith open in T5, both on the Arrivals level, with a limited range of sandwiches and snack items available. On the Departure level landside there is also a Caffè Nero open. I haven't seen what they are offering yet, but I imagine it's stronger on cookies and the like. So between the 3 venues there should be scope to get something reasonable together. More details in the Covid Heathrow thread in the BA forum. She may be able to persuade the car driver to pull over at a supermarket en route, some of the BP petrol stations in the Heathrow vicinity have M&S mini stores attached.