FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lufthansa Ticket Refund Timeline
View Single Post
Old Jun 23, 2020, 11:59 am
Often1
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by Dan1113
The issue is that a lot of people, myself included with some refunds, will only have notice of cancellation/refund verbally, not in writing.

My main worry with a chargeback with LH Group airlines are the rejections to chargebacks happening for bogus reasons -- there are a lot of posts about this in this forum, and it is the main reason I have not filed a chargeback against SN.
If you did not receive a written notice, there will certainly be something online indicating that the flight is cancelled or some adjustment to your e-icket.

As to the chargeback issue, I suspect that many are not properly documented, allowing LH to simply create its own facts. Don't let that happen. Be proactive. By doing everything in writing and supplying the backup, you put your card issuer in the position of not being able to deny the credit.

The bottom line is that for EU carriers, departures from the EU on non-EU carriers and for tickets to or from the US, either or both EU and US rules require a refund when a flight is cancelled, e.g. does not operate.