FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "£3 cash discount" when booking reward flight saver?
Old Jun 23, 2020, 2:50 am
megaloman

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Tafflyer
Yes, and now add in another flight from London connecting from your TXL-LHR and you‘ll find that they will always incorrectly charge you 9000 Avios for the short-haul. I have given up trying to get agents to correct it too.
it's because BA adjusted RFS fee to £0.50 per segment and updated avios+cash prices, so their system shows 9000 avios as a redemption price while it should be shown as 4500 + RFS.

I recently had an argument with a GGL agent about this while booking a one way Gold Priority reward in Y to Warsaw. I was expecting to pay 15000 avios + £17.50, I was quoted 24000 avios plus £0.50. 9k avios for £17 savings is a bit too much I thought. Agent was having nothing of my argument till I asked for the supervisor... he put me on hold and when he came back he said "as an exception we'll charge you a lower value this time..." to which I replied asking when did the award pricing change? eventually agent confessed that their guidelines was to try to charge higher avios, but if customer was unhappy, they should offer ti charge the right value.