FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Will FAs Serve Staggered Meals to First/Biz Pax?
Old Jun 22, 2020, 6:44 pm
bmw745ion19s

Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle, National EE, Lots of Stupid CCs&The I Am Crazy Enough To Actually Pay For F
Originally Posted by Blumie
There are many reasons why someone might choose to eat airplane food, but I think it's both helpful and relevant to remind people that there are other options. By way of example, I flew JFK-LAX earlier this month on a flight that departed at 600p and arrived around 915p (1215a NYC time). This is a prime example of a flight that operates during "normal meal times." That said, many people may not know that there are quality restaurants within a 10- to 15-minute ride from LAX -- in Manhattan Beach, Playa del Rey, Marina del Rey, and Santa Monica, for example -- that are open late enough to enjoy a late meal. In my case, I was seated at the Tin Roof Bistro in Manhattan Beach by 930p and had a really nice, leisurely meal with a friend. I find this information both helpful and relevant. YMMV.
lol you keep forgetting to mention those of us who enjoy eating the snack meal on the flight and then going to eat on arrival