FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Aeromexico cancelled my flight and wants to charge fare difference
Old Jun 22, 2020, 3:31 pm
garykung
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by Corganbr
Are they allowed to charge the fare difference if they cancelled my original flight?
AM can charge fare difference, depending on the situation.

Usually, when a flight is cancelled, you will be given 2 options - rebooking or refund. In term of rebooking, airlines will waive fare difference up to certain time. If your desired rebooking is outside of this window, change fee will be waived only but you need to pay the difference.

It is not clear your exact scenario. So for now, I would have to say it is allowed unless detail can be provided.

Originally Posted by Corganbr
I have no interest in getting a voucher and I understand they are not giving full refunds either.
If it is a reservation covered by DOT regulations, and an airline fails to comply, simply file a DOT complaint and let the airline does the rest.

If your flight has been cancelled, a full refund is the absolutely minimum you should be able to get.