FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is Ethiopian eliminating Chicago flights 574/575?
Old Jun 22, 2020, 1:02 pm
susiesan

Programs: AA Gold
Is Ethiopian eliminating Chicago flights 574/575?

I am booked and ticketed in September to fly ET 575 from ORD Sept. 12 and ET 574 on Sept. 25 return. These are award tickets in J from UA and will take us to WDH for a safari vacation. We start in MCI. I know this trip is not happening and I will be postponing and rescheduling for May 2021.

When I look at trying to book these tickets either as an award or paid for May 2021, the nonstop ET flights between ORD and ADD seem to have been eliminated for next year. ET flights to/from ORD go through IAH and then to/from Chicago on UA metal. I looked at the UA award chart this morning and the Chicago flights are not there.

Has Ethiopian decided not to resume their flight from Chicago to Addis? Was it not selling well? I can route through Toronto or IAH if I have to but the ORD flight was very convenient for me with far less total travel time. I need to fly outbound on a Saturday and return on a Friday to coincide with the safari tour beginning and ending.

Last edited by susiesan; Jun 22, 2020 at 1:20 pm