FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please report your Star Alliance award redemption experiences
Old Jun 20, 2020, 7:19 am
NextWhiteDeath

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by freed0m
Funky or not, it has some predictability. e.g. no east coast US to Europe over Pacific.

SQ's premium class were fully available in the last one or two months. e.g. you could book EWR-SIN-AKL/CHC, which is more than 14K miles, the longest I find which is bookable.

Now it is no longer available as SQ has pullled availability, but it was there and was available.
I think comparing Australia-USA vs USA-europe via Asia is a disingenuous. One is a logical routing while the other one is going around the world the long way.
For the NZ-US route there isn't like there would be huge amount of other one stop options so the engine most likely was more willing just to show it. While EU-US there isn't a shortage.
It would be nice if the engine would show all the options and give some more information but what can you do. It not like there going to fix it any time soon. Good I hate that you have to go out to the account screen if you want to change destination.
Playing with the dates. What I have seen is that it more willing to show via Asia business routings. I have a feeling it because first class is only from/to top markets and they have way more one stop options on these routes and the engine just pushes it off the list.