FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "£3 cash discount" when booking reward flight saver?
Old Jun 20, 2020, 6:03 am
ECR

Originally Posted by Misco60
I just booked a Reward Flight Saver (RFS) from Berlin to London and was presented with the following screen.

Has this already been noticed and discussed? If so, I've completely missed it (and a search produced nothing).

Leaving aside the messy spacing of the message, what is this "discount"? As far as I can see, I'm paying more than I did last time I booked an RFS, which was always 4500 Avios + £15.50.

The Show me the original price link did nothing, although that could be due to my security settings.
I've never seen this £3 discount before but at a guess it might be the difference between the full tax and charges you would pay if not eligible for RFS. I've tried a dummy cash booking and it was showing taxes and charges as just under 27 Euros.

It hasn't always been £15.50, although it probably was last time you booked. It used to be £17.50 + 4500 avios for the last few years, but when they introduced the 50p + 8000 avios option in the last year or so the 4500 avios option price fell by £2 to £15.50.

They recently over the last few months increased the number of avios required at the 50p price to 9000 avios and increased the cash element at the other avios price points meaning the 4500 avios went back to £17.50.