FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Canada bans entry from foreigners; restricting entry to non-essential travel
Old Jun 19, 2020, 12:31 pm
Finkface

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by metoo
I plan to travel to Canada on a US passport. My mom is CDN and there is an exception for those flying to Canada to visit Parents....it also mentioned the 14 days in quarantine in Canada. Is this in a hotel or can it be at my mom's place? What prove do I need to show relationship? I spoke to my sister who lives in Vancouver this morning and her interpretation is quarantine first 14 days in the hotel and NOT at my mom's place. which is correct?
Are you sure you can enter? Are you a dependant child? If you are a Canadian citizen, disregard but I am assuming you are not.

Foreign nationals who are immediate family members of Canadian citizens and permanent residents can enter Canada for a discretionary (non-essential) purpose if they meet all of the following requirements: <snip>
Find out more about
travel restrictions for immediate family members of Canadian citizens and permanent residents.

The information on that page says:
An immediate family member is defined as aImmediate family member is a child
Where the foreign national is a child, age and dependency determine whether they meet the family member definition under IRPR as a dependent child, and consequently whether they meet the immediate family member definition of the Orders. However, note that a foreign national who is an adult child of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident who is not eligible under this provision, may be exempt under the family reunification exemption.

Last edited by Finkface; Jun 19, 2020 at 12:47 pm Reason: Fixed large font