FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé
View Single Post
Old Jun 19, 2020, 9:16 am
nacho
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Glad midsommarafton.

TetraPak does seem to fly some of its machine people around a lot.

A friend’s dad worked with my dad. My dad said the colleague was very slow at work and was deliberately working long hours during the week and on weekends too. It was done in order to avoid the spouse and kids. Flying for work a lot wasn’t an option for that colleague to avoid the family before retirement.
Glad midsommarafton! I don't celebrate it and no way I'm paying SEK 70 for a tray of strawberries.

What's the point of having a family if the aim is to avoid it? That dad who is away 300 days a year has 2 kids have behavioural issues and his wife is struggling with the kids.

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Sometimes business travel is an escape from home more than anything else. If that makes all partners in the deal more happy, so be it. Though often it is only the one side that gains from this.
Mr. ex-boss was stationing in DK from the UK regularly, and he also had to fly around. Mr. asked him how his wife feels about it, he said she likes the arrangement (they have grown up kids). Mr said he doesn't want to live like that - ok for a limited period of time.